VEAP has been awarded four AmeriCorps Emergency Responders to help support increased demand throughout our organization. We are actively recruiting for these positions now through application deadline of May 19, 2021.
We are seeking 4 individuals to serve in the following capacities:
· 1 member to support the basic needs team (general duties to support warehouse, distribution, food pantry operations such as stocking, material handling, packing, loading food, deliveries)
· 1 member to support food pantry intake (support outdoor intake, utilization of client database, respond to participant inquiries, serve as a resource for volunteers and participants, general duties to support pantry)
· 1 member for administrative support (general support of social services team, finance manager; data entry, housing follow up surveys, backup support for phone intake, volunteer greeter and HR director)
· 1 member for marketing & communications support (support social media content creation, design flyers and marketing pieces, outreach efforts)
General info about AmeriCorps Emergency Response Initiative:
· 35 hours/week from June 7th through August 14th
· Service members will receive a stipend regularly for their term of service, totaling $3,750
· Individual health insurance and Federal Student Loan Forbearance available
· An additional $1,311 educational award for post-secondary tuition or student loans upon completion of service
· Applications are due May 19th; Selections completed by May 21st
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in the nonprofit world, provide critical support and receive a stipend plus education award. Often, college students or young people are a great fit for AmeriCorps roles. Please spread the word and share widely!