Share your skills and expertise while learning more about non-profit work! As a member of VEAP’s newly-created Young Professionals/Associate Board, you’ll work alongside passionate colleagues to advance the mission of VEAP in increasing access to healthy food, housing, and supportive services. Responsibilities include developing strategies to grow awareness of VEAP amongst entry-level and mid-career professionals, planning & executing an annual fundraiser, and supporting broader organizational strategic initiatives. As a board member, you can expect to make a direct impact on an important cause, understand how a non-profit is run, gain leadership skills in planning events and managing teams, and expand your network.
Estimated time commitment is 2-5 hours per month, and ideally the board member can commit to at least a one-year term.
Vision: An engaged team of professionals who can bring a diversity of ideas, provide input to the board of directors, support fundraising events and raise awareness of VEAP in younger generations.
Mission: To engage professionals who are passionate about creating access to healthy food, housing and social services, and who want to join a board of like-minded individuals working on programs to fundraise and raise awareness of VEAP.
- 3 years’ work experience
- Live, work, or participate in the community VEAP serves (Bloomington, Richfield, South Minneapolis, Edina)
- Marketing & event planning experience is preferred
What you’ll gain:
- Direct impact on an important cause
- An understanding of how a non-profit is run, including an in-depth overview of VEAP operations
- Leadership skills in planning events & managing teams
- Experience marketing & raising awareness of upcoming opportunities or events
- Professional networking
- Monthly board meetings to discuss updates & upcoming events
- Bi-monthly volunteer & networking
- Planning & executing an annual fundraiser, targeting a younger demographic
- Raising awareness of VEAP among personal networks
- Providing advice & recommendations to the board (in a non-voting capacity)
If you think you’d be a good fit for this opportunity, please email a brief letter of interest and your resume to [email protected] We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis.