Update: the application submission deadline on this position has now passed. Thanks for your interest!
VEAP is seeking an individual with a passion for working for a mission-based organization focused on providing food security and housing stability as its Database Coordinator. This new position will oversee, and provide leadership and training for organizational use of ClientTrack by staff and volunteers to support evaluation and measurement objectives. The person in this position will work to ensure data integrity through regular audits, and coordinate with staff and volunteers to improve our ability to capture and report accurate, relevant, and meaningful data that measures and illustrates the impact of VEAP’s Food and Basic Needs and Social Services programs through quality internal and external reporting. Consider joining our staff team!
VEAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
POSITION TITLE: Database Coordinator
TYPE: Full Time | Hourly | Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Social Service Director
SALARY: $46,680 – $51,193
POSITION OBJECTIVE: This position will oversee, and provide leadership and training, for organizational use of ClientTrack by staff and volunteers in order to support evaluation and measurement objectives. The person in this position will work to ensure data integrity through regular checks, coordinating with staff and volunteers to improve our ability to capture and report accurate, relevant and meaningful data that measures and illustrates the impact of VEAP’s Food and Basic Needs and Social Services programs through quality internal and external reporting.
Database Use and Training
- Ensure proper database use by staff and volunteers to meet VEAP’s data collection, evaluation and reporting needs
- Act as primary database trainer, developing and implementing new and ongoing user training materials and training schedule for volunteers and staff
- Convene regular meetings with staff users and program directors to promote effective use and to develop strategies for training, troubleshooting and maximizing database effectiveness
- Identify and resolve issues experienced by users and integrate MACC consultant as needed
- Create and maintain organization ClientTrack database policies and procedures
- Conduct full life cycle analysis of organizational data annually
- Handle daily user administration including new and discontinued users, passwords, login issues, etc.
Data Integrity and Reporting
- Perform regular data audits to ensure data quality and work with program managers and staff to address data quality issues
- Develop and run accurate reports for programs, Advancement Department, CEO and Board to support internal and external reporting and communications needs
- Review and improve program evaluation and measurement processes and reporting, by managing surveys and interviews, following up with participants, updating forms, etc.
- Collaborate across VEAP departments to develop reports and to identify trends that support compelling and impactful storytelling to share with stakeholders
- Conduct data analysis and translate findings into recommendations
- Serve as primary liaison between VEAP and MACC on ClientTrack database
- Work with MACC consultant to advance the effectiveness and impact of ClientTrack
- Attend monthly MACC member administrator meetings to represent VEAP needs and learn about new features and functionality of ClientTrack
- Promote awareness at VEAP of MACC member ClientTrack training opportunities
- Collaborate with Program Support Coordinator to ensure proper volunteer training and use
- Work with Program Support Coordinator to ensure redundancy in data integrity and reporting responsibilities
- Other projects and duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with databases such as ClientTrack or similar
- Experience in Word, Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience to working collaboratively with stakeholders, internal and external
- Ability to work with sensitive and/or confidential matters
- Excellent problem-solving, time management and organizational skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced lean environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant information with focus on detail and accuracy
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, close vision, ability to adjust focus and see color
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science or Statistics or Data Analysis
- Work experience as data analyst
- Strong project management skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Experience working with under-served or vulnerable populations, including persons from diverse, racial, ethnic, and economic backgrounds, is preferred
How to Apply
Submit resume and cover letter Careers@veap.org (preferred) or VEAP Careers, 9600 Aldrich Avenue South, Bloomington, MN 55420. Deadline 5:00pm on June 30, 2021 to guarantee review of application. No phone inquiries please.