Last update: December 30, 2020
Access the support you need during the COVID-19 pandemic. Below are resources vetted by VEAP’s Social Services team.
Some people may see the direct deposit payments as pending before the official payment date of Jan. 4, 2021. Please keep in mind that the payments are automatic, and you don’t need to contact your financial institution or the IRS with payment timing questions.
Most recipients will receive payments by direct deposit. People who got the first payments via Direct Express will receive this second payment the same way. For anyone who receives payments by check or debit card, these will be mailed through January. Carefully check your mail. Eligible individuals who didn’t receive an Economic Impact Payment this year – either the first or the second payment — will be able to claim it when they file their 2020 taxes in 2021. You can check the status of your payments in a few days by using the Get My Payment tool, available in English and Spanish on IRS.gov. More details here.
“During these uncertain times, the state’s largest hotel company, is opening our doors to the local communities providing hotel rooms at cost as a service to our friends and neighbors in MN. This service specifically meant to assist in limiting the potential spread of Covid-19 by providing community members with separate accommodations from a family member who is self-quarantining. Additionally, we are extending our services to help our friends in the trucking industry. We are offered free parking, a place to shower, and hot coffee.”
Locations: • Hilton Garden Inn- Shoreview
• Courtyard by Marriott- Roseville
• Home 2 Suites- Roseville
• Hampton Inn- Roseville
• Residence Inn- Arbor Lakes, Maple Grove
• SpringHill Suites- Arbor Lakes, Maple Grove
• Holiday Inn Express- Golden Valley
• Staybridge Suites- Bloomington West
• Hilton Garden Inn- Bloomington West
• Hilton Garden Inn- Eagan
· File online for free: If you would like to file online now, click here for free filing options.
· Watch out for scams: Please be vigilant about calls, emails, and texts. Learn more from the FTC.