VEAP is seeking an individual with a passion for working for a mission-based organization as its part time Human Resources Manager. The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing multiple HR functions. This position will manage the day-to-day functions of the human resource department to support the growing staffing needs, HR policies and supervisor support needs through managing recruitment processes, employee relations, regulatory compliance, training and development for employee retention, and off boarding processes. Consider joining our staff team!
VEAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
POSITION TITLE: Human Resources Manager
TYPE: Part Time (20 hours per week) | Salaried | Exempt
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
SALARY: $28,000 – $32,000
POSITION OBJECTIVE: The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing multiple HR functions. This position is responsible for day-to-day functions of the human resource department that support the growing staffing needs, HR policies and supervisor support needs through managing recruitment processes, employee relations, regulatory compliance, training and development for employee retention, and off boarding processes.
- Partner with CEO and leadership to understand, plan and manage VEAP’s human resource strategy relating to current and future talent needs, recruiting, and retention.
- Manage hiring-related activities including, but not limited to recruiting, reviewing applications, interviewing, verifying employee eligibility, onboarding and orientation, placement assessments.
- Collaborate with supervisors to identify skills and competencies required for openings
- Oversee employee disciplinary meetings, investigations and all terminations.
- Provide support and guidance to supervisors and other staff when complex, specialized and sensitive issues or questions arise.
- Support and resource supervisors in performance evaluation, staff training and development, discipline and termination.
- Collaborate with CEO on annual staffing proposal including recommended staffing levels, positions, and salaries/wages.
- Work with CEO to advance and implement organization’s compensation philosophy.
BENEFITS AND COMPLIANCE
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations and recommended best practices through policy and practices audits.
- Update employee handbook and oversee a program to clearly communicate HR and VEAP policies and procedures.
- Manage annual benefits process with vendors and coordinate annual staff enrollments in employee benefits, effectively communicating benefit changes.
- Manage and maintain employee personnel files and other employee record keeping needs.
- Conduct background checks and other compliance paperwork requirements.
- Collaborate with CEO and Finance Manager to create Human Resources budget and maintain working knowledge of agency’s budget.
- Ensure compliance and assist with training for health and safety standards and industry codes.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources and employment law.
- Develop and coordinate an employee recognition program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum B.A./ B.S.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ human resources experience.
- Ability to work with sensitive and/or confidential matters.
- Deep understanding of Labor Laws and employment regulations.
- Experience working with diverse populations including racial, ethnic, gender and economic backgrounds.
- Efficient HR administration and people management skills.
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products, experience with Adobe products.
- Position requires ability to sit for extended periods of time, close vision, ability to adjust focus and see color.
- Commitment to working collaboratively with staff and partners.
- Motivated self-starter with high attention to detail and flexible in nature.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- A./ B.S. degree in human resources, industrial relations, psychology, business management, or related field.
- Experience with a payroll, HR, or other related software
- PHR Certificate
- Membership in HR professional organizations such as TCSHRM and SHRM
- Experience working for a mission-based organization
- Retirement plan, Paid Time Off (pro-rated), 11 Paid holidays (pro-rated), Birthday Day Off
How to apply:
Submit resume and cover letter Careers@veap.org (preferred) or VEAP Careers, 9600 Aldrich Avenue South, Bloomington, MN 55420. Deadline 5:00pm Monday, May 31, 2021 to guarantee review of candidacy. No phone inquiries please.