May 2022 update: this position has now been filled
POSITION TITLE: Volunteer Experience Coordinator
TYPE: Full Time
REPORTS TO: Volunteer Director
SALARY: $19.71 – $20.67
POSITION OBJECTIVE: The Volunteer Experience Coordinator plays an integral role in retaining VEAP’s volunteers while maintaining daily operations. Their main priority is to promote a welcoming, supportive, and safe environment for volunteers ensuring they have the tools, resources, and information necessary to complete their assigned tasks. The Volunteer Experience Coordinator is responsible for managing daily work schedules and tasks for volunteers in the Food & Basic Needs area. They will also pro-actively resolve daily operational matters by providing ongoing guidance and support while managing volunteer expectations. Additionally, the Volunteer Experience Coordinator will provide volunteer assignment updates to the Food & Basic Needs staff as needed to ensure operational efficiencies.
- Welcome, orient, and provide foundational training for volunteers new to their roles in the Food & Basic Needs area.
- Promote a safe, supportive, inclusive and positive work environment ensuring volunteers feel welcomed, valued, and recognized for their efforts.
- Proactively manage shifting priorities as they arise by working with both volunteers and staff to resolve work assignment issues and concerns.
- Update daily volunteer work schedules and supply materials to ensure adequate work is available for volunteers throughout the day.
- Communicate daily priorities and key messages to volunteers based on agency and program priorities.
- Create and maintain training content incorporating VEAP values, participant input, and food quality and safety guidelines.
- Provide updates to both Volunteer Director and Food & Basic Needs staff on daily matters that may impact volunteer work assignments, schedules, and daily operations in the Food & Basic Needs department.
- Support Donate & Do volunteer groups including set-up, management, and clean-up projects for group members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree and at least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Self-starter, flexible, with excellent problem solving skills, and the ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to take a customer-centered approach when interacting with peers, volunteers, and other staff.
- Strong organization and interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to give clear and concise directives.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and act within the scope of authority.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk short distances for more than 7 hours a day, talk, and hear. Must be able to use a computer keyboard, and mouse. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision, ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
VEAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- VEAP is committed to keeping the workload balanced and respecting the space needed to take personal time to care for your wellbeing.
- Flexible, family-friendly schedule with options for remote and in-person working options.
- 22 days of Personal Time Off (increases by three days each year of employment), plus 12 paid holidays and your birthday off
- We provide medical and dental plans, some plans paid at 100%. Additional voluntary vision, and short- and long-term disability.
- 5 percent of annual salary contribution to 401(k) retirement plan starting 30 days after your hire date, immediately vested.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected] We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until filled.