VEAP (Volunteers Enlisted to Assist People) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose programs include access to healthy foods, housing stability and other supportive services. VEAP takes a holistic approach to program delivery together with its strategic partners to build a stronger community.
VEAP’s Mission, Vision and Values
Mission: Together we create pathways to stronger, more hopeful communities through access to healthy food, housing stability, and supportive services.
Vision: A thriving community where all are free to pursue their dreams!
VEAP’s Board of Directors
VEAP is governed by an active and engaged Board of Directors that provides leadership and strategic vision while engaging in VEAP’s operations in various ways. Board members serve a three-year term, starting on May 1, and can be appointed to one additional three-year term. The Board has officers, including a president, vice-president, treasurer and secretary.
A VEAP board member has the following qualities:
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Passion to eliminate food insecurity and housing instability for people living on fixed and low incomes
- Commitment to active participation at 8 board meetings per year, to serve on a committee or task team, and to attend major fundraising events such as the Gala and A Toast to VEAP
- Willingness to connect and engage personal and professional networks with VEAP and VEAP’s leadership in order to advance our mission through volunteerism, food donations, and financial support
- Commitment to personally support VEAP’s work through awareness, volunteerism and donations commensurate with financial ability.
It is our desire to have board members who live and/or work in VEAP’s geographic service region (Bloomington, Richfield, Edina and South Minneapolis), but we will not exclude those who live/work outside our service area.
VEAP’s goal is that its Board, staff and volunteers reflect the communities it serves, by embodying ethnic, gender, economic, religious, sexual orientation, disability, age, and other points of diversity.
Additional roles and responsibilities as outlined in a board member job description will be presented and discussed if nominees are invited to be interviewed for board membership.
Click here for more information:
To nominate someone to be a VEAP board member, email firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, February 10. Please include the nominee’s name, email and phone number and a brief explanation for your nomination. If you are nominating yourself, please include your current resume in your email.