Update 8/23/21: this position has been filled. Thank you for your interest!
POSITION TITLE: Advancement Associate/Raiser’s Edge Administrator
TYPE: Full Time | Hourly | Non-Exempt | Temporary – 6 months
REPORTS TO: Advancement Director
SALARY: $25 – $28 per hour DOQ
POSITION OBJECTIVE: The Advancement Associate/Raiser’s Edge Administrator is responsible for administration of the Raiser’s Edge donor database, data/gift entry and acknowledgement, managing and maintaining the integrity and accuracy of private donor information, and processing, reconciling, and reporting donation transactions for the organization. This position is an integral member of the Advancement team and also provides support and project management to VEAP’s Gala, special events, drives, and community events.
• Daily gift entry and reporting on contributions within Raiser’s Edge (RE NXT and RE Database view)
• Work with Finance Manager to reconcile monthly and annual contributions and prepare audit report
• Routinely optimize data records to eliminate duplicate records, reconcile data, and maintain database integrity and accuracy
• Update and produce regular fundraising data reports for the Advancement Director, CEO, and Board of Directors
• Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual data analytics as part of fund advancement plan
• Maintain donor relations: phone calls, emails, and meetings when relevant
• Process donations daily, including cash, check, credit card, stock, ACH/EFT
• Prepare and make cash/check deposits
• Generate donor acknowledgement letters (financial and in-kind) in a timely matter
• Create mailing lists for newsletters, special events, fundraising appeals, etc.
• Maintain donation processing documentation
• Produce and mail new donor welcome packets and annual donor giving statement
Special Events and Drives
• Track and manage food and fund drives including donor support, communications, material distribution, courier pick-ups, etc.
• Represent VEAP at special events, community events, and drives, as needed
• Assist in project management of VEAP’s special events and Gala with goal setting, event logistics, expense/revenue tracking, sponsorships, auction solicitation, and volunteers and support special events day-of
• Work as part of the Advancement team to supervise and manage volunteers, committees, and interns
• Provide administrative support for Advancement Director
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus two to three years of non-profit experience
• Two to three years of experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT and RE Database view
• Advanced Microsoft Office Skills including high proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Strong attention to detail with high degree of accuracy and good customer service skills
• Excellent problem solving and time management skills; strong organizational skills, self-motivated
• Ability to be outgoing, straightforward, self-assured, and one who shares information readily, listens actively, and respects the abilities of others
• Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Ability to work with sensitive and/or confidential matters
• Commitment to working collaboratively with staff and partners as a member of a team and promoting that team’s guiding principles
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, close vision, ability to adjust focus and see color
• Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• Medical plans with health saving account options, dental plans, paid time off, 11 paid holidays
VEAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected] Position will be posted until filled. No phone inquiries please.