Bring hope to your community with VEAP!
Every year, more than 100,000 people experience poverty in Hennepin County alone. During these uncertain times, YOU can make a difference! We 100% depend on our volunteers in everything we do. If you’re healthy, not currently in a high-risk category, and have extra time to volunteer, help us keep food on our community’s tables.
- Comply with the Minnesota Department of Health’s (MDH) current guidelines. We’ve changed our model to ensure public health and safety for all involved.
- Welcome everyone. Kids ages 9-11 are welcome to apply, but must be accompanied by an adult. Youth 12+ are able to volunteer independently.
- Don’t require experience. We’ll provide all necessary training, and make sure you feel confident while serving with us.
- Are fun! With our current model, our opportunities include sorting and bagging food, filling visitor orders, delivering food packs to seniors, and more.
Get started today!
Our Fast Track applications allow you to get started as soon as you’re able. With our new response to COVID-19, opportunities through this application include:
- Packing food
- Assisting with our drive-thru
Want to learn more about us, our mission, and what we do?
Join us for a socially-distanced, informational meeting! With our new response to COVID-19, opportunities through the Adult General Application include:
- Food packer
- Drive-thru assistant
- Delivery drivers
- Phone intake
- Data entry
- Check-in greeter
- And more!
Normally, our opportunities also include Mobile Pantry, Lobby Intake, and our regular Warehouse and Distribution roles. These positions will resume once we can return to our regular service model, so feel free to sign-up if you’re interested in those roles in the future.
Want to get your family, friends, or co-workers involved?
“I live in Bloomington, and don’t like the idea that any of my neighbors struggle getting enough food, specifically healthy food, to eat. It doesn’t get more basic than food, and I appreciate the opportunity to support my community, and my fellow citizens.”
-Kay, VEAP Volunteer