We have a place for you!
Did you know more than 100,000 people experience poverty in Hennepin County alone? YOU can make a difference!
- All are welcome—youth ages 9 to 11 must be accompanied by an adult. 12+ can volunteer independently!
- No experience necessary—we’ll provide all necessary training!
- Flexible schedule—you can create a schedule that fits YOU! Our organization is open Monday through Friday during the day as well as Thursday evenings.
- Fun opportunities—positions can range from sorting food, helping visitors to the Food Pantry, getting out into the community with our Mobile Food Pantry, and more.
- English speakers of all levels welcome— those who are bilingual in Chinese, Russian, Spanish or Somali are especially needed.
Do you need to complete volunteer hours quickly?
- Whether you’re an adult or a student under the age of 18, complete a Fast Track application and schedule your first shift(s).
- You’ll volunteer sorting food donations and stocking shelves with healthy food.
Would you like to learn more about VEAP and volunteer opportunities before you get started?
- Complete a general application, join us for an informational meeting and tour, and find your final fit.
- You’ll get to know us and we’ll know you on a first name basis. Most of our volunteer opportunities fall in this category.
Are you looking for a meaningful volunteer opportunity for your group?
- Volunteer groups expand the reach and multiply the impact of VEAP. All groups are welcome for Donate & Do group volunteering opportunities.
“I live in Bloomington, and don’t like the idea that any of my neighbors struggle getting enough food, specifically healthy food, to eat. It doesn’t get more basic than food, and I appreciate the opportunity to support my community, and my fellow citizens.”
-Kay, VEAP Volunteer