We need YOU! Support your neighbors today with VEAP.
Looking for a way to support your community during these uncertain times? Now more than ever, you can make a difference! We 100% depend on our volunteers in everything that we do. If you’re healthy, not currently in a high-risk category, and are motivated to serve then join us today in keeping food on our community’s tables.
- Comply with the Minnesota Department of Health’s (MDH) current guidelines. We’ve changed our model to ensure public health and safety for all involved. To learn more about these changes, click here.
- Welcome everyone. Kids ages 9-11 are welcome to apply, but must be accompanied by an adult. Youth 12+ are able to volunteer independently.
- Don’t require experience. We’ll provide all necessary training, and make sure you feel confident while serving with us.
- Are fun! With our current model, our opportunities include sorting and bagging food, filling visitor orders, delivering food packs to seniors, and more.
Want to get started right away in the Food Pantry? Register through our Fast Track Application!
Our Fast Track application allows you to get started as soon as possible. Volunteers who register through this option receive a brief orientation, tour, and can volunteer in our food pantry’s warehouse and distribution positions. Work in our food pantry includes sorting through food donations, fulfilling participant orders by shopping through our pantry on their behalf, assisting participant’s as they load groceries into their vehicles, or assisting participant check-in as an outdoor intake volunteer. If you are 17 or younger, please fill out our youth application.
Want to learn more about us before getting started? Register for a VEAP Informational Meeting!
Join us this week for an on-site, socially distanced informational meeting to learn more about our program and opportunities! A limited number of slots are still available so make sure you don’t miss out on exploring the many flexible ways you can help. After attending our Volunteer Information Session, you will receive a tour and be able serve in any of our departments. During COVID-19, our open roles are:
- Warehouse Assistant (Food Pantry)
- Distribution Assistant (Food Pantry)
- Van Driver (Ages 25 – 77)
- Mobile Pantry Assistant
- Phone Intake
- Data Entry
- Volunteer Greeter
Want to get your family, friends, or co-workers involved?
To keep our volunteers and staff safe, we are limiting large group volunteering at VEAP during the pandemic. Small group requests for evening and weekend activities will be considered on a case by case basis.
Have additional questions?
Contact our Volunteer Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 952.955.8323! You can also visit our volunteer resource page for more assistance, such as access to our handbook, code of conduct, how-to guides, and more!