We need YOU! Support your neighbors today with VEAP.
Looking for a way to directly support your community? Now more than ever, you can make a difference! VEAP 100% depends on our volunteers in everything that we do. If you’re motivated to serve then join us today in keeping food on our community’s tables.
- Comply with the Minnesota Department of Health’s (MDH) current guidelines. We’ve changed our model to ensure public health and safety for all involved. To learn more about how we’re keeping our community safe, click here.
- Welcome everyone. Kids ages 9-11 are welcome to apply, but must be accompanied by an adult. Youth 12+ are able to volunteer independently.
- Don’t require experience. We’ll provide all necessary training, and make sure you feel confident while serving with us.
- Are great for school and community service hours. We can provide verification of hours upon request.
- Are fun! With a variety of positions available, we will help you find your best fit.
VEAP is open for volunteers Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. For more information on shift times for specific positions, please read the Individual Engagement Opportunities handout linked below. You can find in-depth position descriptions in our volunteer resource page.
Interested in learning more about the many different ways you can help?
Want to get started right away in the Food Pantry? Register through our Fast Track Application!
Our Fast Track application allows you to get started as soon as possible. Volunteers who register through this option receive a brief orientation, tour and can volunteer in our Food Pantry. If you are 17 or younger, please fill out our youth application.
We are currently operating with a drive-through model on Thursday and Friday of each week. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are all-day indoor shopping for participants (subject to pause depending on COVID variants and safety).
Do you love driving? We’re in great need of volunteer van drivers!
In this role, open to people ages 25 – 76, you will see your impact first hand and gain insight into how food and housing insecurity affects your community. You’ll deliver prepackaged fresh and shelf-stable foods to seniors, participants with disabilities, as well as community members without transportation.
Our Van Driver application allows you to get started as soon as possible. Volunteers who register through this option receive a brief orientation, tour and can volunteer as a delivery or mobile pantry driver. Evening opportunities available on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month.
Requirements: Ages 25 – 76. Valid driver’s license and insurance as well as a clean driving record.
Looking for an evening volunteer opportunity?
VEAP offers home delivery services on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month. We are seeking volunteers to fill two van driver shifts per Thursday 4:30 – 7:00 p.m. Same requirements as listed above apply.
Want to learn more about us before getting started? Register for a VEAP Informational Meeting!
Join us for an on-site, socially distanced informational meeting to learn more about our program and opportunities! A limited number of slots are still available so make sure you don’t miss out on exploring the many flexible ways you can help. After attending our Volunteer Information Session, you will receive a tour and be able serve in any of our departments. During COVID-19, our open roles are in the following areas:
- Food Pantry (Ages 9+)
- Drive Through Intake (Ages 18+)
- Van Driver (Ages 25 – 76)
- Mobile Pantry (Ages 18+)
- Phone Intake (Ages 18+)
- Data Entry (Ages 18+)
- Volunteer Greeter (Ages 18+)
Want to get your family, friends, or co-workers involved?
Have additional questions?