Help your community today!
Many Minnesotans are currently feeling at a loss as to how they can support their community during the COVID-19 health crisis. At VEAP, we 100% rely on our volunteers in everything we do and we need our community’s support now more than ever. We’re committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our participants, volunteers and staff while also continuing to provide food and other services to the families who rely on our programs.
In order to comply with state guidelines on health and safety, we are:
- Offering visitors a drive-up model to receive pre-packaged bags of fresh and shelf stable food.
- Closing our VEAP building for services and our main lobby for the duration of Minnesota’s stay-at-home order
- Suspending ride services. Food delivery is available to seniors, participants with disabilities, as well as anyone who lives in our service area and is unable to find transportation.
- Encouraging staff and volunteers to wear gloves, face coverings and maintain at least 6 feet of distance from each other while working.
Please remember! In order to keep our community safe:
- Stay home if you are sick. Individuals who arrive on site with symptoms will be sent home.
- Take all necessary precautions if you are immunocompromised, or live with/care for someone who is immunocompromised.
- Thoroughly and frequently wash your hands and follow other guidance provided by the CDC around disease containment.
We support your decisions, including and up to a decision to temporarily suspend your own volunteering during this uncertain time.
If you need to cancel your shift:
- To cancel a shift that is 5 or more days in advance please utilize Volgistics (linked below) to remove your shift(s)
- To cancel a shift that is within 5 days, please notify VEAP via email or phone: firstname.lastname@example.org or 952.955.8323
- To cancel a same day shift, please call VEAP volunteer greeter desk: 952.955.8331
With the goal of maintaining services, VEAP leadership will be making decisions around our services in the event that our normal day-to-day operations are impacted by events beyond our control. We will keep you informed with the latest developments via email, social media, and on our website. For the most up-to-date information on the virus, visit MDH’s website.
Are you already a VEAP volunteer?
Log-in to your Volgistics page below: