Welcome to our Volunteer Program!
Many Minnesotans are currently feeling at a loss as to how they can support their community during these trying times. At VEAP, we 100% rely on our volunteers in everything we do and we need our community’s support now more than ever. Learn more about our response to COVID-19 below.
Are you a current volunteer or looking to sign-up to become one?
Our COVID-19 Response
At VEAP, we are committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our participants, volunteers, and staff while also continuing to provide food and other services to the families who rely on our programs.
In order to comply with state guidelines on health and safety, we are:
- Closing our main lobby and building for services until March 2021 and instead offering visitors a drive-up model to receive pre-packaged bags of fresh and shelf stable food.
- Suspending ride services. Food delivery is available to seniors, participants with disabilities, as well as anyone who lives in our service area and is unable to find transportation.
- Requiring staff and volunteers to wear gloves, face coverings, and maintain at least 6 feet of distance from each other while working.
- Encouraging drive-through food recipients to wear masks. However, drive-thru recipients are not required to wear a mask in order to receive services.
Please remember! In order to keep our community safe:
- Stay home if you are sick. Individuals who arrive on site with symptoms will be sent home.
- Take all necessary precautions if you are immunocompromised, or live with/care for someone who is immunocompromised.
- Thoroughly and frequently wash your hands and follow other guidance provided by the CDC around disease containment. Read more about the CDC’s current recommendations.
- Wear a mask when around others. At VEAP, masks are required for staff and volunteers in the volunteer check-in area as well as in all food operations areas (warehouse, distribution/food pantry, and outdoor intake). If you don’t own a mask we have extras available in Door A, which is our main entrance for staff and volunteers.
We understand these times are difficult for everyone and support your decisions when it comes to volunteering with us, including and up to a decision to temporarily suspend your own volunteering.
If you are a current volunteer and need to cancel your shift(s), please follow these instructions:
- To cancel a shift that is 5 or more days in advance please utilize Volgistics to remove your shift(s).
- To cancel a shift that is within 5 days, please notify VEAP via email or phone: email@example.com or 952.955.8323
- To cancel a same day shift, please call VEAP volunteer greeter desk: 952.955.8331
With the goal of maintaining services, VEAP leadership will be making decisions around our services in the event that our normal day-to-day operations are impacted by events beyond our control. We will keep you informed with the latest developments via email, social media, and on our website. For the most up-to-date information on the virus, visit MDH’s website.
If you need additional support, contact our Volunteer Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 952.955.8323.